Attention Conservative Bloggers!

Follow Up Note: I got a significant traffic boost from this offer, but sadly no one took the bait. However, there were a few comments and emails that were interesting. Watch for a follow up post that will provide the details.

Late Note: Although the article is the same, stop by Bring It On for additional comments. They're interesting.

I cross post nearly all of my political pieces to both The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks and Bring It On (BIO). Even though I appear in several mostly conservative blogrolls, it's relatively rare that a conservative falls into Poobah Speaks - but it does happen. Because BIO has much more traffic than Poobah Speaks, I frequently get conservative commenters there.

I welcome all comers, regardless of where they fall on the spectrum. I figure you should say what's on your mind even if it offends someone. If you believe all liberals are "disgusting, parasite losers" - as I've been called more than once, I've no objections to you saying it. Do you think jews, muslims, and ACLU members are vermin who should be extinguished? Rant on my friend, because even if I think you are the disgusting one, I believe you have a right to say what's on your mind. I'm proud that not a single one of my posts has ever been censored in any way. The only exceptions are spam posts from stupid marketers who really are disgusting vermin who should be extinguished (but that's another post entirely).

Perhaps I'm just getting particularly odd conservative commenters, but there are a few near constants across them.

First, the vast majority leave anonymous comments, something that smacks of cowardice to me. I believe if you state your position you should take public responsibility for it. However, I don't censor these posts because even cowardice is no reason not to have your opinion heard.

Secondly, many of the commenters don't maintain their own blogs, even though the volume of the crap they spew in comments would take many hours longer than just blogging on the topic themselves.

I'm sure there are some conservative bloggers out there who are decent rational people who can discuss the events of the day without spinning off into some eccentric orbit of their own, I've just been unable to find very many.

So I have a proposal for you conservative bloggers. If you want to step up and have your say while holding your head high and taking full responsibility for what you say, I offer my services. If you are a conservative blogger, leave a comment below with your URL and I will gladly enter you into The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks blogroll along with a recommendation for readers to visit you. If you don't have a site, I invite you to submit a post to The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks (my email is available in my profile) and I'll run it...in its entirety. Hell, I might even invite you for a recurrinig guest shot myself if you're interesting enough - even Sandyb or Tos.

I know this takes courage for those accustomed to backbench bawling. I'm sure some of you have it and some of you will be content to take potshots without submitting yourself to the same thing you subject others to.

But here's my take.

It's easy to be anonymous or semi-anonymous and blogless and harp incessantly. It's another to stand up and have the courage of your convictions to speak about what you think in an open and honest way. Think about it.

Put your money where your mouth is.


Truth Told by Omnipotent Poobah, Thursday, January 18, 2007

AddThis Social Bookmark Button