The End of Dental Superiority

I went to the dentist the other day.

I got my usual cleaning.

I got my usual lecture about flossing more often, because hey, you can never floss too much according to the dentist.

I got my x-rays.

And then, I departed with my sample size floss, a new toothbrush to put next to the other 16 I've never gotten around to putting into the toothbrush rotation, and an appointment card that goes far past the end of my usual life planning horizon.

Then it happened.

DAMMIT!

Fifty-one goddamn years without a cavity. A perfect record that I could rub the less fortunates' noses in. No more can I declare dental superiority. No more am I a special case. No more am I a fortunate one possessed of a rare characteristic.

My last "special" feature, eroded away by some stray bits of popcorn.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

The Poobah is a featured contributor at Bring It On!

And, sometimes dispenses wisdom at Less People Less Idiots

Truth Told by Omnipotent Poobah, Friday, December 08, 2006

AddThis Social Bookmark Button