Go Ahead and Visit, Just be Klassy About It

If you look down to the right...a little lower...lower...there - you'll see a banner for the Anti-PC League. The League is comprised mostly of those whose political stances are slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun. Sure, there is a smattering of moderates and those more leftish, but it's primarily a list of the Right.

A survey would show that on any given day, there are a lots of unhappy people in this group. Just like those on the left, they carp about what's happening, except in a mirror image of the left-leaning view. Bank record snooping vs powerful weapon of antiterrorism. The quagmire that is Iraq or Iraq as a shining beacon of democracy in the Middle East. Lefties love the Downing Street memo while Righties think the ACLU is part of the Axis of Evil.

The list is long, but I do like to sample the offerings so I can what others think. For the most part, I can't speak highly for their logic or eloquence, but I can see real passion there and that's not an altogether bad thing. Besides, that badge drives a good amount of traffic my way, although there may be some Righties having heart attacks when they arrive at a blog that openly calls them asshats. If they do, they don't comment first. They visit, but they never seem to comment.

While I may disagree with the politics of most of my fellow listers, I do agree that our society is way too politically correct. That's why I rarely edit what I write to keep from offending someone. If I did, this would be a very quiet place indeed.

So, if you want a dose of the other side, go ahead and visit a few of these places. But when you do, show them a least more respect than they'd be apt to show you.

Be classy...er, klassy when you visit. Okay?

Truth Told by Omnipotent Poobah, Saturday, June 24, 2006

AddThis Social Bookmark Button