They Love Me, They Really Love Me!

Time for a bit of shameless self-promotion this morning.

I submitted The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks! for a review over at Bloggy Award. I'm not usually one for reviews and ratings, but I do like the feedback, so I subject myself to it occasionally in the interests of making things better. I managed a three when I submitted at I Talk Two Much, and felt honored and bit confused because they didn't savage me as they have so many others. I must have caught them on a charitable day, but they did have some constructive criticism which I took to heart. That's one of the reasons why our blog design changed to what you see today.

If the score at I Talk Too Much was charitable, the score at Bloggy Award almost seems more like a "Boggled Award". I scored well - certainly much better than I would have scored myself - but, the props were nice and, again, I got some good feedback that I'm working into the blog.

I say all that to say this, stop by Blog Award and read some of the reviews. It's a great way to repay their service to the blogging community and as a way to discover blogs you may not have stumbled upon by yourself. I also say this - submit yourself to critiquing once in awhile. We can all use it and it can be a rewarding experience, even if you do get savaged.

Think of it this way...if you riled someone to the point they were willing to snuff out your blogging soul, you must be doing something right and that's as good a lesson as learning from the successes.

Now back to our regular programming, which should already be in progress, but is being slowed because I'm lazy this morning.

This post is exclusive to The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks!

Truth Told by Omnipotent Poobah, Sunday, June 18, 2006

AddThis Social Bookmark Button