Omnipotent AdministriviaDear Readers,
We'd like to point out that we've made some site changes we'd like to tell you about. We're warning you this is mostly administrative detail and isn't a thrilling read. If you're not interested, just move along and keep the line going.:
- Over in the About Us section, we've added a Frappr map. It's a little feature where you can click, enter yourself on the map, and maybe make a few new blogger buddies. We encourage you to click away because our single pin is getting a little lonely.
- As you can see, we're just about to roll over 7,000 unique visitors and at the rate we're going will soon reach the arbitrary, but important milestone of 10,000. Not that you should care about this, but we appreciate it and wanted to say thanks.
- The list of Jr. Poobahs continue to grow. We try to keep the list fresh so we periodically purge blogs that have fallen way behind in posts. In some cases, like Amen Corner, we put them back when regular posting resumes. Recent newbies include Bring It On (where we throw in the occasional political piece), Frog Style Biscuit, Thought Mechanics, Consider the Boot, Sumo Merriment, and Hiromi X. Please patronize these blogs for they have good content.
- Omnipotent Pronouncements is a new feature that alledgedly collects our comments from your blogs and inserts them here. We aren't sure if we have configured it properly, but have patience.
- In Feeds and Subscriptions, our membership with a new feed aggregator, iopBlogs is pending.
- The Where We Are section welcomes several new directories where we are already, or soon to be, listed. They include Finding Blogs, Blogvertiser, and Blogebrity, where they added us to the C-List.
- There are a few new Causes Celebre as well. The Carry Onward! Network graciously allowed us to join and Change Your World passes the hat for nickels, dimes, and pennies.
- In Blog Doo-Dads you can see we have a diverse set of visitors, 71 countries on every continent (though not all are listed on the ClusterMap).
Truth Told by Omnipotent Poobah, Sunday, February 26, 2006